Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Saturday

Life right now feels like Easter Saturday, that in-between time between Christ's death on Good Friday and his resurrection on Easter Sunday.

I am still in sorrow over Paula's death, struggling to understand, bewildered by it all still, much as Jesus' disciples must of been after his death.

However, unlike the disciples on that Saturday, I know how the story goes. I know that Easter morning lies around the corner. I know that Christ has defeated death and that all things wait to be fully renewed.

There are new and exciting things for Micah and I in the coming year, but we're not quite there yet. We are still in this place between the old and the new, between sorrow and joy, longing for the past but waiting with hope for the future.

Happy Easter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, my friend. May it be "soon and very soon..." in all kinds of ways. i'm about to head over to see al and sherra who are visiting hoek... we'll be thinking of you together and wishing that you could be there with us.

jc

Anonymous said...

It is so sad that 311 days have past. Micah,as he grows might not have the true memories of Paula like you do, but he will experience that love,joy, and memories of all those days through you. If he only knew...but he does.. as Paula looks down and smiles (that great smile) at the Great Job you're doing raising Micah and moving towards an exciting future without forgetting an amazing life.
God Bless.

J. Boverhof

Anonymous said...

Hi Darren,
I have been reading your blog for quite some time and never know what to say. I can't imagine what you are going through, it's such a shock!!
Your son Micah is absolutely adorable and you are an amazing, active father, who leaves no one questioning his love for his son.
Congratulations with your decision to move to Hamilton, I would have done the same thing. I know I've only ever been an acquaintance and fellow classmate of yours, but if you are ever stuck with somewhere to place Micah while at work, I would be happy to watch him for you. I live in walking distance to Redeemer and I am a full-time home maker. I'm o.k. with a days notice if needs be, so please take me up on my offer(only if you feel comfortable doing so).
I pray for you daily, just as I do Mendelt. It'll be nice for the two of you to be able to visit, talk and cry with one another once you move closer. It's very unfortunate that losing your wives is something you have in common. I'm truly sorry for your loss.
Strength to you and God Bless,
Reny Kranendonk-Malley

Anonymous said...

Darren,
Still in our thoughts always, thinking of you more in the weeks to come. See you around town in the coming months.
Natasha (van Eyk) Postuma

Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers. We are especially praying that your hopes for the new work and family situation work out well--and that God sustains you in the between times. With love, Bill and Susan F, Rudy and Nathan