Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Back in Hamilton

Micah and I are now back in Hamilton, trying to get ready for the next phase of our life. Our time in Vancouver was so very good. Regent College was a great experience for me, a good transition between jobs. I met lots of interesting people and learned a great deal. And I was able to spend a good amount of time with Micah as every weekend was a four-day weekend. Micah spent three days a week with Paula's parents, which allowed them to form a strong bond.

I came back to Hamilton about a week ago and set about almost immediately to working on our new house. I bought this huge 90-year-old house on Aberdeen together with my friends Justin and Rachel. My parents and I spent a week working on my part of the house... refinishing hardwood floors, painting, fixing, etc. It is starting to look great and it will be a fantastic home for Micah and I. We live on the second floor while our friends are on the main floor.


I am looking forward to spending Christmas with friends and family and beyond to January when I will begin to teach at Redeemer. There have been so many changes and it will take some time before I feel settled here. At times I feel quite displaced and wonder whose life it is that I am living. I long to feel "at home" somewhere again; it is hard without Paula. But we're getting there and I know that this place will be a good home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh buds! It's a beautiful house!! Congratulations! Hope you have a good Christmas! Kiss Micah for us!

Love Ang xoxo

Unknown said...

Darren and Micah,
Wishing you a great Christmas and God's blessing for 2009 as you enter yet another new phase in your life.
All the best.
Dennis and Kim Teeuwsen

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. I'm so glad to see that the next stage in the transition is moving forward.

We pray all the best for you and Micah in 2009.

Love
Saje and family

Anonymous said...

Thinking of and praying for you and Micah as you enter a new phase in your life, may you clearly see God in each step you take.
The house looks beautiful, and I pray it will soon feel like your home.

Anonymous said...

Darren,

It's great to get your update. We hope that you are settling well into your new life in Hamilton: your new home, new church, new position at Redeemer, etc.

Now you're officially part of the faculty!

http://www.redeemer.ca/academics/departments/chemistry/faculty.aspx

We wish you and Micah the very best for 2009. We think of you often, and pray that you are well.

Blessings,
Karen and Richard.