Friday, September 5, 2008

Regent

I have not posted anything for some time now. So here's a bit of an update of where we are.

We spent the latter half of the summer in Hamilton, spending time with friends and family, camping, suffering through a very serious case of poison ivy, and getting settled in at Redeemer where I will begin teaching in January.

Micah and I are now in Vancouver where I will be studying for the fall semester at Regent College, taking courses in OT biblical studies, history and philosophy of science, and Christian thought and culture. Much of what I learn and experience here will be invaluable for my future at Redeemer which will begin in earnest in January. I have just completed a few days of orientation at Regent and am anticipating a great semester. It is a fascinating place with all sorts of interesting people.

Paula is sorely missed here. This is something that we wanted to do, but didn't really have the opportunity to. Vancouver is where we spent most of our life together. Her parents are in the Vancouver area, so Micah will see them a lot during this time. He has adjusted to the many changes in our life incredibly well.

I continue to struggle with understanding exactly who I am now, but do sense that God is rebuilding my life into something new. I have some inklings of what that may look like, but I am far from there yet. It is a long, difficult, and lonely road.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have an update on how the two of you are doing. Still praying for you both.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Anonymous said...

you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the bumpy road God is leading you down smooths out soon. One day when Micah is older and you tell him about these times he's going to look up to you more than ever. You're truly an inspiration.

*prayers are being lifted up for you and your son.

Anonymous said...

Darren!

Vancouver without Paula... too many things without Paula.

But- it's an exciting time, right?

I check your blog very often- I love your updates! Kiss Micah for me!

Ang xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Darren, we too check your blog often and are glad that you are still writing. We wish you blessings in Vancouver this fall.
Continuing to pray for peace.
With love, the Veldbooms

Anonymous said...

Hi Darren, thanks for the updates. We're praying for you. Love you loads. The Goulds. X