Friday, May 18, 2007

Dear Friends

Dear Friends,

I am sure that many of you have been waiting for more details about what is happening next in order to find out how to express your grief and pass on condolences. It has been very difficult to begin to make these plans, both from an emotional and logistical point of view. As you can imagine, this is all deeply painful, but also we have the wonderful problem of expecting a tremendous outpouring of support.

Not all of the details have been completely taken care of, but I am conscious that many of you will need to make plans for the long weekend. Here are the general details, with more specific details to be provided when everything is completely finalized. The funeral will take place here in Ottawa at 10 am on Tuesday morning at St. George’s Anglican Church (152 Metcalfe Street). There will be an opportunity for visitation on Monday afternoon (2-4 pm) and evening (7-9 pm) at Calvin Christian Reformed Church (1475 Merivale Road at Gilbey Drive). Please check this website for a further update with confirmed details.

Thank you for all of the support and prayers so far. It has been tremendous. I have really felt that I have been sustained by your prayers. I have had clarity when decisions have had to be made and have felt comfort when I break down and weep.

The comments that have been posted have been extremely meaningful to me, beyond what you can imagine. It keeps me aware of the reality of this tragedy when I am on auto-pilot (this is a good thing) and it bring tears of both sorrow and joy as you share in describing what an amazing woman Paula is. Please keep them coming.

Darren

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Like the past few days, our heads are full of Paula, Darren and Micah. Our prayers are often and fervent.

We know that Paula lives physically in other (organ donation)

We know that Paula lives in all of us in spirit (her life)

We know that Paula lives eternally (Jesus Christ)

With continued prayers,

Marisa and Mendelt

Anonymous said...

Our prayers go out to you and your family. May the Lord carry you and give His strength and peace.

Anonymous said...

Hi Darren,

I have seen Paula few times here in Southampton and maybe I'm not the best person to talk about her! But if I think a bit more I can easily realize that this is the cental point! What I know about Paula? Well everything I can know is the impression, the feeling I felt when first I saw you two. I always have seen a big, sincere, comforting, likeable, generous, fresh, shining and sparkling smile on her that now, seems to me, to be the meaning of her brief but intense life. It is not a case that you have got the same smile and it will be certainly on the mouth of your son!
She was beautiful, she was your wife, she was the mother of your son. I'm sure that altough she is not there anymore this is enough to feel her still an immortal part of your lifes.

I hope you can be so strong to cope with that and to go on for the sake of Micah!

In God we trust!

Peppe Pileio, Southampton

Anonymous said...

Darren you have never met me but I knew Paula and her family from the day they moved to Mackenzie it sounded that you had a great family life and please accept my deepest sympathies and will pray for you and Micah as well as June and Gerry as this will leave a big hole in their life as well.

Bruce Mitchell

Anonymous said...

I'm greatly sadden to hear the passing of Paula, I am a friend from mackenzie. I remember Paula for the laughter and witiness in the classroom and the serious she would take in her studies, mostly I remember her for her smarts in sciences. My, prayers go out to the family for there lost. Grad 1995