Friday, May 18, 2007

Miracle Micah

In the midst of this terrible time, I just wanted to share one small moment of tremendous joy and laughter that happened today. After arriving back to my family after a long day of making arrangements for the funeral, our son Micah was passed to me and I was told to check out his feet. I was shocked to find that he no longer had any casts and was quickly presented with two tiny little casts. I was even more amazed when I was told that HE had taken them off! One fell off as he was crawling around and another was found with him in his crib...he must have got his leg stuck between the slats of the crib and pulled his leg right out. Wow, is that ever Paula coming out in him!! He doesn't seem to be bothered at all with any pain in this legs and the doctors said that if he's not showing signs of complaint that he won't need new casts. This speaks to the miraculous nature of his life. It is utterly amazing and miraculous that he survived the crash, virtually unscathed. This event is but one of many small graces that God is granting me and my family to get through this difficult time. Please continue to pray.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was working in the ER at CHEO when your beautiful son came through our doors. We see many sad things and we see many miracles. Your son is one of those miracles indeed. Something about him broke my heart. And during a time when I was supposed to be keeping it together, I found myself near tears.

I have thought of him and his family often in the past few days. I was brought to tears once again this morning as I came across your blog (link from the Citizen.) It brings my heart peace and joy knowing that Paula was my sister in the Lord. I don't know you. I will likley never meet you this side of heaven. But I want to encourage you with a remind that HIS peace passes all understanding. He is there. Praise HIM in this storm.

Anonymous said...

Hi Darren,

I have heard what happend. I am really very sorry.